October 2015 Travel Tip Update
Come on in…
We recently posted several amazing Tips and Blog Posts all with the goal to help you enjoy more Luxury for Your Loyalty! We encourage you to come back to trvlvip.com often for the latest practical posts and Tips designed to save you time and money while maximizing your travel reward points and miles.
For those of you who didn’t have a chance to visit the TRVLVIP Blog or Travel Tips page in September and October, we’ve included a “greatest hits” list of the can’t-miss Tips we uncovered:
- What In the World Are My Points and Miles Worth – Tired of wondering whether a promotion is worth the effort or if a redemption is a good value? See our new reward mile and point valuations (what your miles and points are worth in cash) for October!
- How We Saved Over 85% on an International Luxury Vacation – If your flights and hotel rooms suddenly became 85% less expensive, would you use some of your precious vacation time to travel more? We think so, and we’re very happy to show you how!
- Loyalty Leads to Luxury Even on a Limited Budget – For those of us that consider the great outdoors to be the most luxurious destination of all, a Luxury for Loyalty post – sent in from the wilds of Arizona by our intrepid Editor, Liza – takes us along from Denali to Acadia, from Boston to Austin. Tag along and see how she makes it happen the TRVLVIP way.
- TRVLVIP’s Top 10 Airline Tips (updated) – For the same reason musicians produce compilations of their greatest hits, TRVLVIP has put together a Top Tip Hit List for airlines. Because sometimes it’s nice to have it all in one spot! So, sit back and relax as we unlock the secrets to being more strategic and remind you of the simple steps to enjoy more Luxurious travel for your Loyalty.
- TSA PreCheck/Global Entry – The Best $20 You’ll Spend This Year! – With recent changes, free access to TSA PreCheck is gone, gone, gone… So enroll in TSA PreCheck or Global Entry to zoom through the fast lane for less than $20 a year!
- How to Turn Lemons into Lemonade – And Take It To Go! – Summer is over and before we know it the holidays will be upon us – and TRVLVIP wants to help you fully enjoy them! In this post we focus on the risks and rewards of frequent business travel and teach you how to enjoy lemonade-from-lemons all year long!
- The Risks of Passport Renewal Procrastination! – The US Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs has launched an “Apply Early” initiative to encourage travelers to renew their US passports early. The initiative warns of longer-than-usual processing times. And even a slight processing delay could cause major travel headaches. I’ll show you how to stay ahead of the game.
- The 5 Ways to Enjoy FREE Access to US National Parks – TRVLVIP wants you to get out there and visit the gorgeous National Parks across the United States! Take a look at some of the incentive programs designed to make your trip to a National Park free or nearly-free.
- Luxury for Loyalty in Hawaii – Our loyal TRVLVIP Members, Paul and Kristie, passed along great feedback on how TRVLVIP played a part in helping them plan an amazing 5th anniversary trip to Hawaii and save over $1,200 in the process!
- Plan Your Next Trip With TRVLVIP! Vegas, Baby. Yeah! – When planning any trip, first spend a few minutes checking the TRVLVIP site to see what Perks and Tips might be out there specific to your chosen destination. That’s what I did – for Las Vegas. First I’ll show you how to do it. Then I’ll show you what I found.
And now, a couple FAQs:
Q: Why are some Tips on the Travel Tips page and others on the Blog?
If a TRVLVIP Tip spans across several travel loyalty programs (i.e. Starwood, Marriott, United Airlines, American Airlines, etc.) or categories (i.e. Hotels, Airlines or Cars), it will be posted on the TRVLVIP Blog. If a Tip is program-specific you will find it in the Travel Tips section of the site. And to make it easier for our Members to find valuable Tips, we often post Tips that are category–specific but span across several programs in both Travel Tips and the Blog.
So, bottom line, we put the good stuff where you can easily find it. And, of course, for Members that have signed up (for FREE!), we deliver customized Perks and Tips via email as well for the programs you care about most.
Q: Your Perks and Tips are great, but how do I get the most out of them?
TRVLVIP Perks can and should be used as a valuable trip planning tool. Some of our Members visit the site every time they plan a trip to make sure they are capturing all the travel loyalty program value available. We make it very easy to sort by program using the “Filter” function at the top of the Browse Perks and Travel Tips pages. And you also can sort by category (Hotel, Air and Car) by clicking the “Category” option on the right-hand side of those pages as well! The main categories of the TRVLVIP Blog include Inspiration, Reflections, Advice, Basics, Benefits and TRVLVIP Monthly Summaries. Go ahead, click around and see what happens – you can’t break anything.
We hope you enjoyed the recent Tips and posts and check back often for more – we update the site daily! And we’d love to have you follow us on Facebook and Twitter and to share TRVLVIP with friends and family who enjoy travel and desire more Luxury for their Loyalty!
And if you haven’t already, sign-up for complimentary alerts so you never miss another important TRVLVIP update! Dreaming is fun, but make that next trip happen!
Happy Loyalty, Happy Travels!