September 2015 Hotel Update
TRVLVIP is here to encourage a simple and yet strategic approach to travel promotions and efficient loyalty program earning and redemption opportunities. If you knew you could travel in luxury for less, it might encourage you to get on out there and travel more. It’s a big world just waiting for you! With that in mind, we’ve highlighted some great hotel updates to inspire you.
In August, Hilton introduced Digital Key, a new feature of the Hilton HHonors mobile app, allowing HHonors members to bypass lobby check-in and access their rooms, as well as other areas of the hotel that require a key, from their smartphones. If you have Elite Status with Hilton HHonors, give Digital Key a try and Hilton will reward you with 2,500 bonus points. And also through the HHonors app, HHonors members can already book a stay, check-in, select their room and pre-order amenities!
This month Hilton became the latest major hotel company to partner up with Uber. As a result, Hilton guests around the world can set automated notifications (Uber Ride Reminders) to request Uber rides to and from their hotel from the Hilton HHonors mobile app. And, by the end of September, HHonors members will also be able to explore the Local Scene, a digital guide to the top trending restaurants and nightlife spots most frequented by Uber riders.
Here are TRVLVIP’s Top 5 Current Hilton Perk and Tip Highlights:
- HILTON’S NEW TRIPLE YOUR TRIP PROMO – Hilton’s latest global promotion rewards you with up to 3x the Hilton HHonors points from September 1 through December 31, 2015!
- HILTON TRIPLE POINTS UNTIL FEBRUARY – Stay 2 nights & enjoy 3x the HHonors points any day of the week anywhere in the Americas through January 30, 2016!
- HILTON’S 50K WIN BACK PROMO – Hilton’s Win Back Promo rewards 50,000 points to targeted members who stay 4 nights in 90 days before January 7, 2016! Were you one of the lucky ones?
- HILTON 4TH NIGHT FREE PLUS $100 – Hilton puts the Caribbean on sale with the 4th night free and a $100 resort credit. Book before September 26 and stay at least 4 nights at any of 18 resorts before September 30, 2015!
- CONRAD & WALDORF TRIPLE PLAY – Double your luxury while tripling your bonuses in 2015. This promotion is one of our favorite Perks!
And remember, whether you earn Hilton HHonors Elite status by achieving the nights, stays or points required, by having the right credit card or even by completing a fast track offer, making it to Elite status will change the way you travel with Hilton!
And, finally, don’t forget to check the special Hilton Hotel Deals website for great perks and discounts if you’re planning a visit to Asia, India, the Maldives, Sri Lanka, The South Pacific, Australia or New Zealand.
Lots of other great Hilton HHonors Perks are on the site this month including discounts, resort credits, bonus points offers, new hotel promotions, free golf offers and more!
Hyatt Gold Passport
We have some great Hyatt Perks and Tips for you this month!
Here are TRVLVIP’s Top 5 Current Hyatt Perk and Tip Highlights:
- HYATT 1,500 POINT BONUS IN VEGAS – Stay 3 nights and enjoy 1,500 bonus Gold Passport points through September 30, 2015! And pair this offer with the Elite benefits of the HYATT AND MGM RESORTS LUXURY PARTNERSHIP!
- HYATT SWEET DREAMS SWEET REWARDS – Enjoy up to 65,000 bonus Gold Passport points! The more you stay the greater the rewards through September 30 – so don’t forget to register!
- SAVE UP TO 25% WITH HYATT THIS AUTUMN – Enjoy 20% off two-night stays or 25% off three-night stays. Book by September 28 and stay through November 12, 2015.
- HYATT HAWAII SALE PLUS 5 MORE CITIES – The My Hyatt Rate is back with 15% savings in Chicago, Hawaii, Orlando, Phoenix, San Diego and Washington, DC! And before booking Hawaii, check out HYATT SUNSHINE IS ON SALE IN HAWAII – Enjoy free pancakes and eggs – and save some bacon while you’re at it – with a free night!
- HYATT 500 POINT BONUS TO USE THE APP – Want a really simple way to earn 500 points? Use the Hyatt app or mobile site to book and stay before September 30, 2015. Bingo – 500 points!
Don’t forget about the Hyatt Guest of Honor program that allows Diamond members to share their benefits by gifting that special someone a free night!
And before renting a car from Avis, always visit TRVLVIP to enjoy the current discount and bonus offer.
IHG Rewards Club
In some fun news this month, IHG launched the Pancake Selfie Express. This nine-city tour allows pancake fans in the Southwest and West Coast to enjoy a selfie on a pancake made by The Stack Station, IHG’s one-of-a-kind, one-touch pancake machine! If you’re not sure what this means, check out the link above – it’s flat out one of the oddest travel brand promos we’ve seen!
Here are TRVLVIP’s Top 5 Current IHG Perk and Tip Highlights:
- IHG – ACCELERATE YOUR BONUSES – Go further faster with IHG’s new global promotion. From September 1 through December 31, 2015, enjoy free nights or at least 50,000 bonus points!
- IHG HALF OFF AWARD NIGHTS – Enjoy award nights for 50% fewer points in Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America from September 1 through October 31, 2015!
- IHG POINTBREAKS SPECIALS – Break on in for only 5,000 points on award stays through October 31, 2015!
- IHG BUSINESS PLANNERS 75K BONUS – Enjoy up to an astonishing 75,000 bonus points for booking accommodations or meetings with IHG before November 30, 2015, for stays through January 31, 2016. Share this one with anyone you know that plans meetings!
- BEFORE RENTING A CAR FROM AVIS OR HERTZ – Always visit TRVLVIP first to enjoy the current discounts and bonus offers.
And in other news, this summer IHG introduced Spire, which is now the highest Elite status level in the IHG Rewards Club program. Are you there yet?
IHG also reduced the number of nights and stays required to achieve each elite status level and eliminated the fast track to elite offers to simplify the IHG Rewards Club program. We put together a great Tip about the IHG program, which highlights all of the recent changes!
Don’t forget about IHG’s Ambassador Program. It’s a great value with many luxurious benefits for anyone that stays at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts.
Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Rewards
We have some great Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Perks and Tips for you this month!
Here are TRVLVIP’s Top 5 Current Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Perk and Tip Highlights:
- MARRIOTT’S FALL 2015 MEGABONUS PROMO – Marriott’s newest global MegaBonus promotion offers personalized rewards from September 15 through January 15, 2016. Registration is now open!
- RITZ-CARLTON 2015 LUXURY OFFERS – Free nights, resort credits and more! Don’t miss out on the special 2015 offers!
- RITZ-CARLTON ELITE BOOST – Earn two elite night credits for every one eligible night stay in 2015 at Ritz-Carlton! During this promotion it makes sense to choose to be a Ritz-Carlton instead of a Marriott Rewards member if you have any 2015 stays planned at Ritz.
- MARRIOTT OR RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS – Marriott and Ritz-Carlton have separate rewards programs and, while they haven’t officially combined them yet, as a member of either program you can earn and redeem rewards points at all Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels and resorts and your elite status and benefits span across both programs!
- MARRIOTT POINTSAVERS – Save up to 33% on your Ritz-Carlton and Marriott award stays and the fifth night is always free! New hotels are added weekly so check back often!
And remember the excellent reciprocal benefits of RewardsPlus – the industry pairing between Marriott and United.
We suggest you sign-up for eBreaks, Marriott’s published list of discounted properties sent each week by email for the following Thursday to Sunday weekend stays. The properties are normally in North America and the discount is typically around 20% or more.
And before renting a car from Hertz, always visit TRVLVIP to enjoy the current discount and bonus offer.
Starwood Preferred Guest
In August, Starwood launched its newest premier brand – the Sheraton Grand.
Sheraton Grand currently encompasses 10 global properties, with one property in Edinburgh, Scotland and one in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Eight Sheraton Grand properties are in Asia.
Sheraton plans to designate 50 properties as Sheraton Grand hotels by the end of 2015 and to double that by 2017 with a mix of renovated and new properties. So, there’s plenty in store for this newest Starwood brand.
Starwood’s next global promotion, Stay for More, will reward SPG members with double Starpoints for stays of two or more nights with an additional 500 points for stays of four nights between October 1 and December 20, 2015. Be on the lookout for TRVLVIP’s update. Registration will open September 23, 2015!
Here are TRVLVIP’s Top 5 Current SPG Perk and Tip Highlights:
- SHERATON’S BIGGEST PROMO EVER – They say this is their big one. Stay 5 nights with Sheraton, enjoy a free weekend night! Register and stay by September 15, 2015.
- STARWOOD AMEX REFERRAL BONUS– Enjoy 5,000 Starpoints for you and 30,000 Starpoints for your friends before September 14, 2015!
- STARWOOD OPENS THE DOOR TO 1K POINTS – Register for SPG Keyless and enjoy an easy 1,000 Starpoints with no announced expiration date.
- THE STARWOOD AND MASTERCARD ALOFT, ELEMENT AND FOUR POINTS PROMO – Stay 3 times at an Aloft, Element or Four Points and enjoy a $50 gift card through November 30, 2015! And THE STARWOOD AND MASTERCARD UP TO 2 NIGHTS FREE PROMO – Buy nights and enjoy up to 2 free at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Europe, Africa and the Middle East with no announced expiration date.
- STARWOOD – OCEAN VIEWS OVER HALF OFF – Save 50% or more at participating hotels and resorts in Hawaii and French Polynesia with no expiration day announced.
Don’t miss SPG’s Hot Escapes! Each Wednesday Starwood offers discounts on stays at participating properties during the following six weeks and an additional 5% savings for SPG members!
And before renting a car from Avis, always visit TRVLVIP to enjoy the current discount and bonus offer.
Over 30 current SPG Perks are highlighted on TRVLVIP this month including free night and bonus points offers, new hotel promotions, discounted award offers, a BIG wedding promo and more!
We hope you enjoyed our monthly hotel update! We’d love to have you follow us on Facebook and Twitter and to share TRVLVIP with friends and family who enjoy travel and desire more Luxury for their Loyalty!
And if you haven’t already, sign-up for complimentary alerts so you never miss another important TRVLVIP update! Dreaming is fun, but make that next trip happen!
Happy Loyalty, Happy Travels!