June 2015 Travel Tip Update
Come on in…
In May, we introduced the new TRVLVIP Blog (very exciting!) and posted many of our best Travel Tips there! Check back often for the latest practical and fun posts and Tips that will save you time and money while maximizing your reward points and miles!
Why are some Tips on the Travel Tips page and others on the Blog?
Generally if a Tip spans across several programs (e.g. Starwood, Marriott, United Airlines, American Airlines, etc.) or categories (hotels, airlines or cars), it will be posted on the TRVLVIP Blog and if it is program or category specific you will find it in Travel Tips. You can very easily sort by program using the Filter function at the top of the Browse Perks and Travel Tips pages. And you can sort by category (Hotel, Air and Car) by clicking the Category option on the right-hand side of those pages as well!
For those of you who haven’t yet visited the TRVLVIP blog or Travel Tips page, here’s a sampling of a few fantastic, can’t-miss Tips and highlights you’ll find there:
- Fly a Partner, Credit Your Favorite Airline – Maximize your earning when you can’t fly your favorite airline! Do you know all the partners of your favorite airline?
- Til Death Do Us Part – Do you know what happens to your Airline Miles and Hotel Points if you pass away or divorce?
- Sign You Up, Before You Gogo – Don’t get Wham‘d (Sorry, George…) by sky-high Gogo inflight Wi-Fi! Buy your Gogo passes online before you fly and save up to 40%!
- Five Traps Smart Travelers Avoid – TRVLVIP has you covered with some practical, real world (real big world) caveats and advice when traveling!
- What In the World Are My Points and Miles Worth – Tired of wondering whether a promotion is worth the effort or if a redemption is a good value?
- How to Find and Book Amazing Flight Deals – Put The Flight Deal, Google Flights and TRVLVIP into your toolbox to score amazing flights on sale!
- TSA PreCheck and Global Entry – Free access to TSA PreCheck is being phased out soon so enroll in TSA PreCheck or Global Entry to stay in the fast lane for $17-$20 per year!
- Booking Award Stays for Other People – Want to score major brownie points? We’ll show you how to redeem your hotel reward points for a friend or family member! Not all programs are created equal here, so come on in and we’ll show you where, when and how!
- Shop til You Drop and Boost Your Travel Rewards Points and Miles – Access your favorite retailers through your preferred travel program’s shopping mall and earn reward points or miles for every dollar you spend across nearly 1,000 retailers!
- US Passport Changes Coming December 31, 2015 – Come year-end no more extra passport pages will be sold and a 52-page new or renewed jumbo passport is your only option at an expected cost of $140 in 2016. So long slim passport…sigh. So get your passports in before December 31st to add an extra 24 pages for $82 (I just sent mine in today)!
- Use ‘Em or Lose ‘Em – Industry experts believe more than 25% of travel loyalty points and miles expire unused. Here’s how to ensure you keep what you’ve earned!
- Have You Tried Uber? No? Great! Read On! – Arrive in VIP style everywhere you go! Uber provides plenty of convenience and swank rides for those who love Luxury!
We hope you enjoyed the great Tips and posts this month and check back often for more! We’d love to have you follow us on Facebook and Twitter and to share TRVLVIP with friends and family who enjoy travel and desire more Luxury for their Loyalty! Dreaming is fun, but make that next trip happen!
Happy Loyalty, Happy Travels!