AARP is Open to All Ages and Equates to BIG Travel Savings
While most people think of AARP as a membership service for those who are retired, you can actually join AARP at any age as an associate member for $16 per year. While certain benefits are only open to those over 50, everyone can benefit from the great travel discounts! And with all of the excellent travel benefits, you will save a heck of a lot more than the $16 annual fee, even if you only travel a few times a year.
Here are a few of the travel benefits you will enjoy as an AARP member:
- Enjoy special discounts and other perks when renting from Avis, Budget, Payless and Zipcar
Hotels and Resorts:
Enjoy money saving hotel benefits with some of the most popular brands across the world including Hilton, Hyatt and Starwood:
- At many hotels, the AARP rate is typically close to or equal to the advanced purchase rate, which is usually non-refundable, saving you up to 20% and providing the flexibility to change or cancel that reservation close to the day of your stay (we suggest you always review the terms of the rate before booking as special offers will vary)
- You can book these special AARP rates right on the hotel’s website to enjoy all of the loyalty points, and night and stay credit accrual toward Elite status
- Sometimes AARP hotel rates include breakfast and/or late check-out
- You will benefit greatly on paid, round-trip tickets operated by British Airways when departing from the US to over 100 cities across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa
- If you are loyal to American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, British Airways or any Oneworld Alliance carrier, when you fly British Airlines you may credit your award miles to the airline you are loyal to
Book your tickets at www.ba.com/aarp to:
- Save $65 on World Traveller (economy)
- Save $130 on World Traveller Plus (premium economy)
- Save $400 on Club World (business class) and First Class tickets
Strings attached? Sure there are. Here are the important ones:
- The exclusive AARP discounts are available online to AARP members only via the dedicated link when booking round-trip flights from US gateways to the UK and beyond through March 31, 2017
- The traveler must be an AARP member or must travel with an AARP member to be eligible for the AARP discounts (although in practice the AARP member may book British Airways tickets for anyone through the special link once logged in)
- The discounts are valid for outbound travel on British Airways and British Airways codeshare flights operated by American Airlines and Iberia only
AARP membership is open to all ages and the discounts are even more extensive than AAA’s travel benefits, which we also think are excellent. So, do yourself a money-saving favor and sign up for either AARP or AAA and enjoy those great benefits!
We encourage you to sign-up for complimentary email alerts so you never again miss an important TRVLVIP Perk, Tip or Blog post!
Happy Loyalty, Happy Travels!
you have an incredible blog right here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my blog?
What is the url to your blog?